The fall is admission season for most Dallas-area private schools. The application deadline for the 2013-14 academic year was December 15, 2012; however, we are still accepting applications for entering pre-k students.
The St. John's admission process includes these elements (each of which is described below in more detail):
- School tour
- Application, including records release and recommendations
- Student evaluation and testing
- Student visit (fourth through seventh grade only)
Applicants* who completed the admission process will receive written notification of their admission decision in March 2013. If you plan to apply for financial aid, it is important that you do so when you complete your application for admission. The financial aid deadline is February 1, 2013. Admission decisions are made independent of financial aid applications. Learn more about the financial aid process.
*Pre-k applicants must be four years old by September 1 of the year in which they will enroll.
A tour is worth a thousand words! We invite you to experience what makes our school special. We offer tours of the St. John's campus Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. Contact our admission director, Nancy Jacobs, at 214-328-9131 x103 to make a reservation.
Applicants must complete and submit the following items:
- St. John's Episcopal School application
- Authority to release school records
- $150 application fee
Send completed items to:
St. John's Episcopal School
848 Harter Road
Dallas, TX 75218
Applicants must also:
- Give applicant's current school the Student Record Release Authorization so copies of report cards and standardized test scores may be released to St. John's Episcopal School.
- Give recommendation forms to teachers. After the first semester, give recommendation forms to the applicant's current teacher. All recommendations are confidential and not available to parents or applicants. Recommendations will not be accepted if delivered by applicants or parents.
- Sign the appropriate Teacher Evaluation form and give it to your child's current teacher. The teacher will complete this form and return it directly to the Admission Office at St. John's. We participate in the ISAAD Common Form Program for Teacher Recommendations. This allows your current teacher to complete one evaluation and send to multiple schools. If possible, Teacher Evaluations should be returned to the Admission Office BEFORE your child's evaluation/test date and school visit (the child's school visit, not your tour of the school).
Student Evaluation and Testing
We believe in observing applicants in situations they'll encounter each day when in school. For pre-k through fourth grade children, we evaluate the children in classroom-type settings and on the playground. For fifth through seventh grade children, we require applicants to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE). Student evaluations for the 2012-13 academic year are scheduled by grade level to which the child is applying:
- Pre-k: February 9, 2013
- Kindergarten: January 12, 2013
- First through fourth grades: January 26, 2013
- Fifth through seventh grades: Register for and take the ISEE.
Students applying for fourth through seventh grade must schedule a campus visit as part of the admission process. Applicants will be paired with a current St. John's student and will follow that student's schedule throughout the day. Campus visits usually take place in January and February.